Health & Safety Policy
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Statement of Commitment
The Company is committed to providing a workplace that enables all work activities to be carried out safely. We will take all reasonably practicable measures to eliminate or minimise risks to the health, safety and welfare of workers, contractors, visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
We are committed to ensuring that we comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (the Act) and all associated Regulations. We will also comply with any other relevant legislation, applicable Codes of Practice and NZ Standards as far as possible.
This H&S Management Plan and the Company’s H&S Policies and Procedures set out the safety arrangements and principles which are to be observed by the Company and its workers to ensure compliance with the HSAW Act and to provide appropriate mechanisms for continuing consultation and management of H&S matters.
Implementation of Policy Commitment
The Company is committed to ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of its workers (employees, contractors or volunteers) while they are at work, and that the health and safety of Other Persons (e.g. visitors) is not put at risk from our operations. This will be achieved by:
· providing and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment through the implementation of safe work practices, safe systems of work and the provision of safe plant and equipment;
· ensuring that workplaces under the control of the Company are safe, are without risk to health, and have safe means of access and egress;
· routinely consulting in order to maintain effective and co-operative relationships between the Company and its workers, and with other duty holders, on health and safety matters in the workplace; and
· reviewing, through appropriate mechanisms, the effectiveness of the safety measures taken.
The Company’s commitment to providing safe and healthy working environments for its workers includes:
· providing relevant, up-to-date H&S information to all workers on matters such as workplace safety and their responsibilities;
· providing expert assistance in H&S matters where necessary;
· providing instruction and/or training in work processes where appropriate;
· developing and implementing strategies which include workplace assessment, hazard identification, and appropriate remedial action to eliminate or control hazards;
· implementing and maintaining appropriate information, reporting and statistical systems.